2012 Honda Rubicon
The Rubicon: Ready for adventure.
If you're headed out for adventure on an ATV—or even if you've just got some tough chores to tackle—you need a machine that's strong enough to get the job done, but smart enough to make it all easy. And that's why we built the Honda FourTrax Foreman Rubicon. Strong? Its engine is a real powerhouse that delivers tons of torque. Smart? Its longitudinal layout and exclusive Hondamatic transmission makes smart use of that power and makes sure it all gets to the ground where it really matters. From the tightest mountain trails to the ranches and farms, the Honda FourTrax Foreman Rubicon has what it takes. And best of all, because it works with you, you'll never have to work overtime at the controls.
Important Safety Information
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.
Hondamatic Transmission: A continuously variable design, the Hondamatic is probably the smoothest automatic you'll ever ride. You get total control, a smooth ride, and plenty of power: a win-win-win situation!
Works Hard, Looks Good: Sure, the Rubicon is a hard worker, and has always had great styling. But we decided to change things up a bit. The first thing you'll notice is the blacked-out skid plate, grille, and brush guard. Then, take a look at the black wheels our Olive color gets for 2012. Change is good.
2012 Honda Rubicon
- Type of Engine
- 499cc liquid-cooled OHV dry-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 92mm x 75mm
- CD with electronic advance
- Electric with auxiliary recoil
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.0 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve
- 36mm constant velocity carburetor
- Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Fully automatic hydromechanical, continuously variable with electronic controls
- Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and torque-sensitive front differential
- Suspension Front
- Independent double-wishbone; 6.7 inches travel
- Suspension Rear
- Swingarm with dual shock absorbers; 6.7 inches travel
- Brake Front
- 180mm front discs with single-piston calipers
- Brake Rear
- Sealed mechanical drum
- Tires Front
- 25 x 8-12
- Tires Rear
- 25 x 10-12
- Towing Capacity
- 850 pounds
- 83 inches
- 46.8 inches
- 46.4 inches
- 50.6 inches
- Seat Height
- 33.9 inches
- Ground Clearance
- 7.5 inches
- Naturalgear™ Camouflage, Olive, Red
- (Note) No operator under age 16. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.
- (One Year) Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Model #